Friday, January 25, 2013

inspiration on a whim

I just recently found out, more like remembered, that I created this blog in April of 2009. I honestly only have a small recollection of even doing this. What I think happened was that I must have had a real strong creative moment, and then just as quick as it came, it fled my mind (as it often does). I easily get inspired, and easily get distracted. My life is a whirlwind of school, work, children, and finding enough time in between all that to feed my inner   explorer so I don't go completely bonkers. 
The reason why I'm now just starting to write is because I finished a winter-session class 2 days ago that put a lot of things in perspective for me. It was called Ethnographic field methods, and this class has made me think about a lot of things with different kinds of ethnographies, particularly peoples memoirs, and the various ways we all hang on to our own history.

No comments:

Post a Comment